- CHARACTERISTICS OF JCS
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- MIDDLE SCHOOL
- HIGH SCHOOL
- COLLEGE COUNSELING
- JCS SPECIALTY PROGRAMS
- EXCHANGE PROGRAMS
JCS SPECIALTY PROGRAMS
JCS provides “Scholastic Programs” aimed at increasing students’ academic achievement, “Spiritual programs” aimed at cultivating spirituality and mature character, “Bridge programs” aimed at developing creativity, critical thinking skills, and physical strength.
AP (Advanced Placement)The purpose of this program is to provide academically-gifted students with more opportunities. Students enrolled in this program at JCS take AP courses and prepare for AP exams to increase their chances of admission into the school of their choice.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Elementary and Middle School students with limited English proficiency are provided with assistant teachers and ESL program in math and English classes.
- Students gain more experience with pronunciation as it is the foundation of reading and learn to enunciate.
- Level appropriate books are chosen for students to deepen their comfort level and aid their comprehension.
- A major focus is on cultivating a reading habit in students.
- Listening skills are introduced, including intonation and stress peculiar to English.
- Listening to English speakers of various age groups allows exposure to different pronunciations and intonations.
- As listening goes hand in hand with pronunciation, pronunciation is practiced and emphasized to maximize students’ listening skills.
- Mouth muscle exercises are provided to facilitate clear pronunciation.
- Students gain a clear understanding of the difference between spoken and written English.
- Writing exercises help to improve speaking skills for writing is speaking with hand.
Writing & Grammar
- Grammar learning is introduced as it constitutes the foundation of writing.
- Students learn proper word selection and usage and apply them in writing complete sentences.
- As students read different genres of literature, they practice writing in different genres.
Research PracticumFor High School students, the Research Practicum Course helps to discover students’ strengths, interests, and learning styles and provides various college preparatory classes in preparation for their academic major in college. College level learning experience is provided. All the materials provided in this program as well as students’ progress are stored in individual student profiles in Google Drive for college counseling.
iREADYJCS utilizes iReady, an online education program currently implemented in many prestigious American private K-12 schools in and Chicago Public Schools, to improve students’ math and English skills. Students study English and mathematics both at school and home at assigned internet hours during weekdays and weekends.
SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)The SAT is a standardized examination American High School students take for college admissions. Known for a higher level of difficulty than the TOEFL, the SAT is a certified English language assessment examination required not only by American Universities and Colleges but by the division of international studies at domestic Korean Universities and Colleges. Students at JCS become automatically prepared for the SAT through thorough and detailed instruction in academic subjects.